Frank Dal Santo started this business in 1946 when he was discharged from the U.S. Army. He opened the store on October 16th at 300 W. 115th St. in the Roseland neighborhood of Chicago. Moving from that location he opened a store in the "bum town" neighborhood across from St. Anthony Church on Kensington Ave., again in Chicago.
When Frank left Chicago, he opened the store in Calumet City. It was at that location where he passed the business onto his son Chuck, and semi-retired. Chuck expanded the business by taking over the store next to him and started catering. Chuck carries on the family tradition as the 3rd generation making sausage from a recipe that had been in the family for more than 60 years. He also created some of his own recipes for Homemade Italian Beef, Spaghetti Sauce and other Italian specialties.
In 2006, Dal Santo's was relocated to Crete, Illinois where the great family traditions carry on!